2nd Street Studio of Dance Pom Squad Information
We are excited to offer our Pom Squad for the fourth year under the leadership of Miss Rebecca!
There is no formal audition to participate in our Pom Squad. Requirements and fees are listed below.
To sign up you MUST CALL or EMAIL us as registration is not available online.
· All members must be enrolled in 2nd Street Studio of Dance’s Fall 2019-2020 season in a Jazz, Jazz/Hip Hop, and/or Pom Class in addition to the Pom Squad.
· Must attend Pom Squad rehearsal on Thursdays from 5:45-6:45 from September-May. There may be times when your dancer will only be needed for a portion of the full hour. Emails will be sent in advance of class to update you on exact rehearsal times for your dancer.
· Squad members must maintain a high attendance record in order to be prepared for performances. Absences may be cause for dismissal from the squad.
· Additional rehearsals may be needed as a big performance approaches. These rehearsals will be held on Fridays and/or Saturdays.
· Inability to attend and participate in performances may cause dismissal from the squad. All specific dates will be given at least a month in advance. Please make the squad a priority.
· If dancers are not in rehearsal the week of a performance without previous approval from the instructor the dancer will not be allowed to perform in that performance.
This season we will be dividing the group in two age groups for some performances.
Minis: Ages 5-8
Juniors: Ages 9 – 12
Both groups will dance together for game routines and parade. Juniors will have at least one extra routine for spring performances. There may be other separate routines as time permits.
· $32 per month performance/rehearsal fee (9 months totals $288)
· This rehearsal fee is included with our unlimited class fee.
· Some performances also require that you purchase tickets to the game for performers and families. Ticket prices are usually discounted, but can range depending upon event.
Uniform Info and Fees
· So Danca JZ-43 Jazz Shoes in Caramel
· So Danca Tights in Caramel
· Uniform purchase required. We are looking into a new style at a lower cost somewhere between $65-100. Style will be chosen by/at Summer Camp August 19-23.
· For the Downtown Christmas Parade a studio sweatshirt must be purchased (cost estimate is $25). We need to stay warm!!!
Performance Opportunities (specific dates TBA)
· Downtown Christmas Parade December 8th
· OU Basketball Games
· Jimmy John's Field Performances
· MI Earth Day Fest
· Nursing Home Performances
· Downtown Farmer’s Market
· Special Recital Dance
· Other exciting opportunities are being explored! Stay tuned!
ALL communications will be through EMAIL Please check regularly for performance and rehearsal information.