2nd Street Studio of Dance Welcome Packet
Firstly, thank you for choosing 2nd Street Studio of Dance. We are a completely noncompetitive studio focused on learning proper dance technique, providing performance opportunities, and having fun! Please read through to learn more about our policies. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’d be happy to answer them. Thank you in advance!
For Tuition Cost breakdown Click Here.
- There is a yearly nonrefundable registration fee of $20 per student or $30 per family.
- Session Tuition is due by the 10th of the month
- Camp tuition is due by the first day of camp
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Master, Discover
- Due to increasing merchant service fees, we will be placing a convenience fee of 3% on all monthly tuition payments charged to a credit or debit card.
- Please write name on all cash or checks placed in tuition drop box by the front office
- Don’t want to keep up with the monthly payments, sign up for automatic billing!
- Tuition not paid within 5 days of the due date will incur a $15 late fee
- Bounced checks will incur a $25 fee
- Discounts cannot be combined
- Tuition is the same each month no matter the number of weeks
- We do not prorate tuition for any reason, you may take a makeup class (see Make Up Policy)
- Registered adult students may purchase Class Cards. There is a 5 class card for $65 and a 10 class card for $100. Class cards are already discounted; therefore, no further discounts can be applied. These may be purchased in the front office and are not available online.
New Serious Ballerina Discount! We want our ballet students to benefit from taking multiple classes per week to really hone in on their technique without breaking the bank!
Dancers in any Ballet Only Class May Add Any Additional Ballet or Stretch Classes for 50% off!
Pointe/Pre-Pointe students may also Add Any Additional Pointe/Pre-Pointe Classes for 50% off!
These special discounted classes do not get additional discounts and do not count towards your overall classes for the multiple class discount. This discount does not apply for combination classes (ex: Ballet/Tap, Ballet/Jazz, or Ballet & Tumble).
Not sure which classes to take? Students are encouraged to also consider taking ballet classes one level below their current level to be able to focus on the basics and technique or try out a combined level class for a challenge.
Session Commitment Policy
- When you sign up for a session, you are committed to the entire length of the session and 2nd Street Studio of Dance will bill tuition accordingly.
- See cancellation and refund policy below.
- Fall Recital Session runs from Sept-May and you are responsible for 9 monthly tuition payments.
- Winter Recital Session runs from Jan-May and you are responsible for 5 monthly tuition payments.
- Camps, Mini Sessions, and Summer Session fees are paid in full upfront.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If enrollment requirements are not met, 2nd Street Studio may have to cancel a class. You will be notified of this cancellation and refunded any tuition paid.
- If you wish to cancel your enrollment it is your responsibility, not the teacher or studios.
- To cancel you must submit a cancellation request in writing to our office at least 10 days prior to your next tuition payment being due.
- YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A REFUND FOR ANY FEES CHARGED PRIOR TO YOU SUBMITTING A CANCELLATION REQUEST.
- Registration fees, costume fees, tickets, and camp deposits are nonrefundable.
Inclement Weather Policy
We use our discretion when deciding whether to cancel classes or not, and do NOT always go with the school system's decisions as sometimes it is just cold and the roads are fine, and sometimes the roads will be bad later in the day when our classes occur. We also sometimes have no power etc. where we will have to close.
How do you find out if we have classes or not? We always send an email, update our website, and post on Facebook if there are any cancellations.
Connect with us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/2ndStreetStudioofDance/
Makeup classes ARE permitted for days we close due to snow. See makeup class policy below.
- Makeup classes are permitted within 2 months of the missed class in an appropriate level class
- Makeup classes may be taken whenever a student misses a scheduled class, or there is an unexpected closure due to weather/power. They may not be taken for studio wide breaks such as Winter Break or Spring Break. Please check the calendar http://www.2ndstreetdance.com/studio-calendar/
- Emails will be sent in case the studio is closed for weather/power.
- Check our website for updated information at www.2ndstreetdance.com.
Waiting Room/Studio Room Policies
- We have a no bullying policy for students and parents. We want to maintain a positive family environment, and those who break this policy may be asked to leave the studio.
- Please be respectful of all classes. Doors may be open for parents to see in. Please keep noise down and avoid distracting others by the door or in the windows.
- Remember to use the bathroom BEFORE class!
- arents of children 5 and under please be available for bathroom emergencies! Teachers cannot watch the class and take your child to the bathroom at the same time!
- Students are not allowed into studios until the teacher has invited them in.
- Students are not allowed out of the studio unless they ask first.
- NO FOOD in the studio rooms.
- Please BRING A WATER BOTTLE! We unfortunately do not have a water fountain. Water ONLY is allowed in studios. Students at the Beg/Level 1 and up are allowed to bring their water into the classrooms.
- No street shoes allowed on studio floors. Hip Hop shoes must not be worn outside.
- Regular attendance is essential to progress and maintain technique as well as to be up to date on any choreography learned.
- Students late 10 mins or more will be asked to observe class only. It is important for safety to participate in the warm up portion of class.
- We ask that if students miss more than one class in a row, that you call or email the studio to let us know.
- Students missing 4 classes in a row will be automatically dropped from the class. Re-admittance is at the teacher's discretion.
- Students may be deemed unready to perform in the recital due to absences. This decision is at the teacher's discretion.
- Students involved our Nutcracker, Pom Squad, and/or Company must be committed to rehearsals. Students in these special performance groups are only permitted 2-3 absences for rehearsal days, and continued participation in the group is at the teacher's discretion.
- All camps require a $25 nonrefundable deposit to secure your place.
- The remainder of camp tuition is due on the first day of camp.
- he deposit is nonrefundable. If there is an emergency and you cannot attend please contact us.
Additional Performance Opportunities
- Opportunities include The Incredible Nutcracker, Halloween Dances, Spring Dance Company, Pom Squad, and Summer Dance Company!
We implement a dress code. Sometimes things can happen and dance clothes get left at home or dad has trouble getting the hair up in a bun. We understand! We are still trying to promote a certain level of professionalism and while sometimes exceptions must be made, if this becomes an ongoing problem you may be asked to sit out. Our dress code reflects the standard for most other dance establishments as well as promotes modesty. Dance warm ups are permitted on cold days. NO JEWERLY for safety purposes.
All dancewear and shoes can be purchased at:
Tutus and Tendus 120 E University Drive Suite B Rochester, MI 48307 248-710-9009
Mommy and Me Classes- Comfortable athletic clothing to move around in. Ballet shoes recommended for less slipping but not required
Ballet & Tumble Classes- Pink Ballet Shoes, Leotard of choice, tights, skirt optional, hair pulled back off face.
Ballet/Tap Classes- Pink Ballet Shoes, Black Mary Jane Tap Shoes, Leotard of Choice, Tights, Skirts Optional. Hair Pulled Back from Face
Ballet and Pointe Classes- Pink Leather or Canvas Ballet Shoes, NO SOCKS, Pink Tights, Leotard of Choice, Ballet Skirt (optional), Ballet Levels 1-5 HAIR IN BUN
Jazz Classes- Tan Leather Slip-On Jazz Shoes, NO SOCKS, Leotard or Tight Athletic Top, Tights or Leggings, Shorts(optional), NO BRA TOPS, NO BOOTY SHORTS WITHOUT TIGHTS, Hair in Ponytail or Bun
Tap Classes- Black Lace Up Tap Shoes, Leotard or Tight Athletic Top, Tights or Leggings, Shorts or Dance Skirt (optional), Hair in Ponytail or Bun
Hip Hop Classes- Clean Sneakers NOT WORN OUTSIDE, Comfortable Athletic Clothing, NO JEANS, Hair in Ponytail or Bun
Modern/Lyrical Classes- No Shoes or Tan Foot Undies, NO SOCKS, Leotard or Tight Athletic Top, Tights or Leggings, Shorts(optional), NO BRA TOPS, NO BOOTY SHORTS WITHOUT TIGHTS, Hair in Ponytail or Bun
Acro Classes- No Shoes, Leotard with Footless Tights or Biketard/Unitard, Shorts optional
Dance Clothing/Hair Tips
- Starting with Ballet 1 and up, NO UNDERWEAR UNDER TIGHTS, it can be embarrassing to have it sticking out from under the leotard
- Cut off ballet shoe strings and tape them to the top inside of the shoe. Teachers do not want to spend all of class tying shoes!
- PUT NAME ON ALL SHOES!
- Try using a Bun Builder or Hairigami for an easier way to make the perfect bun every time!